What is the Invictus Endeavor Desert Challenge?
The motorcycle challenge will take 15+ injured Veterans through the deserts of Southern Morocco, reaching some of the country’s highest peaks.
Taking place between 18-25 September 2021, the event will take place around the mountains, desert and arid regions of Morocco, lasting 5 days. The expedition team is made up of former British service and International WIS personnel impacted by military service. The group will complete a 1500km rally route using motorbikes, quad bikes and 4x4s . The route is varied with challenging terrain, taking in stages of iconic rallies – such as the Dakar Rally and Merzouga Rally.
Sicuro Group sponsorship details
Sicuro Group is providing mobile apps and ArgusRT satellite trackers to enable monitoring, SOS support and communications during the event. A public login to the SicuroTrack platform has been created for sponsors of the event to view progress:
Username: Future Terrain-User
Invictus Endeavor Desert Challenge Route
Covering different terrain such as:
- fast tracks across vast dried lake beds
- sandy river beds and trails
- rocky tracks up through the southern foothills of the High Atlas Mountains
- Virgin desert sand to the famous Cathedral Dunes at Erg Chebbi (the highest in Morocco at 205m)
- Twisting trails through the palmeries of the Draa Valley
- Jebel Saghro – considered some of the most beautiful mountains in Morocco
- fesh fesh tracks (pulverizedd mud dust)
- A night in a desert bivouac – 50kms from the nearest road
The route passes the towns of Merzouga, Dades, Erfoud, Ouzina and N’Kob. All participants have GPS navigation aids sponsored by Sicuro Group.
About Future Terrain
Future terrain is a mobility and vehicular training forces’ rehabilitation charity, extensive experience and qualifications within vehicle-based off-road training and operational delivery.
Follow Future Terrain: